How to measure the color of fabric with spectrophotometer CS-820
We get sample fabric from one of textile customer. For now, they control the color by human eye. Samples color difference value should be within Delta E*ab 0.8 comparing with the target.
Target Fabric Sample Fabric
Today we will introduce how the measure the color of it with our color spectrophotometer CS-820.
How to measure the color of fabric with spectrophotometer CS-820？
- 1. Mode: Reflectance
- 2. Light Source and Angle: D65/10 degree
- 3. Parameters need to Measure: color value L*a*b and ΔE*ab.
- 4. Because the fabric is translucent, we will use one A4 paper to make sure no light will enter into instrument to affect test result.
- 5. Make sure the test direction is same when measuring target and fabric because fabric is woven.
1. Measure the color of the target fabric firstly. Then get its L*a*b, then measure the sample fabric to get the color differenceΔE*ab.
The following are the test result:
Company with the target, sample contains too much white and total color difference is Delta E*ab 1.43. These two colors are difference from each other.
|Sample Name||Parameters||Test Value|